I'm not even going to talk about the actual American Idol results. I planned to forward the entire show and only watch the last ten minutes. However, as I was forwarding I kept seeing singers that I knew--and then I had to stop, rewind, and see what they were singing. Amazing! Say what you will about the show, but where else can you see Cyndi Lauper, Jason Mraz, Black Eyed Peas, Queen Latifah, Keith Urban, Lionel Richie, Santana, Rod Stewart, KISS, and Queen all perform on the same stage? Talk about a fantastic concert! And how cute was Steve Martin with his little banjo? Okay Idol--for once, you didn't waste my time.
As for Anoop--he sounded fantastic singing with Jason Mraz. My personal opinion is that the country could very well be ready for an indian R&B popstar. An indian R&B popstar with facial hair, on the other hand, I don't think so. Baby steps Anoop, baby steps.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment