I love books. However, since I know we'll be moving around for the next few years, I really don't care to spend $10 on a book I'll only read once. Instead, I find myself at Strand, or at the library, or borrowing books from Priya. (Teachers always know about the best new books to read!)
As we begin cleaning out our apartment for our move, I've come across about 10 paperbacks that I purchased from Strand, and wanted them to go to a good home. Additionally, there are a few books I want to read, but I don't want to spend the money to purchase them, as I'll probably only read them once. After spending a few minutes on Google, I came across this fantastic website called Paperback Swap! You essentially post the books you have available to swap, and then you'll get an email when someone requests your book. You send it to them (you pay the shipping), and then get one credit to "order" any other book off the site! (When you order a book, shipping is free!) Best yet, when you join (it's free) and post 10 books, you get 2 free credits immediately to order two books! What I like is that when you order the book, it's yours to keep, trade back, or give to whomever you want. Some of the other book club type sites have you mailing the books back--that's not as fun for me.
On a side note, they also swap hardcovers--the site is just called Paperback Swap. :-)
I just wanted to pass the site along in case anyone else has a bunch of books they'd like to trade! If you do end up joining, please enter my member name (neha324) in your referral box, as I will get a free credit once you post 10 books. Either way, please add me as a friend, as I'd much rather request books from people I know! :-)
Happy Swapping!
No comments:
Post a Comment