I love the top 3 show on American Idol--the whole judge's choice/ personal choice thing usually leads to fantastic performances. This season--eh. I'm just not quite sure it's fair. Let's look at the facts...
Going last is known to be a huge benefit for the contestants--that's why in past seasons they always rotate. This season, the same person has gone last for at least the last four episodes. (I can't remember any further back than that.) Who? Adam.
Judge's choice song--this is where the judge's determine what song each contestant will sing.
Kris gets "Apologize" by One Republic--a song that's been playing quite a bit recently, so people will likely be singing along.
Adam gets "One" by U2--a classic.
Danny gets "Dance Little Sister" by by Terence Trent D'Arby-- ummm...who?
Now, don't get me wrong. I don't mind Adam--I think he's a great singer. However, I also think both Kris and Danny are just as deserving. I could hear all three of them on the radio (and will, I'm sure). I'm just a little tired of the obvious positioning of Adam by the judges (and/or producers). Give me a break already.
Don't believe me? Apparently Simon already told Oprah he believes Adam will win. Check out the article for yourself here.
Even though (unfortunately) I think Danny might go tomorrow night, I'm happy that, in my opinion, he got the best compliment of the night. Simon saying your song was like a "vocal master class" is certainly something you can hang your hat on for a long time to come.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment