Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Wonderful Night

Priya and Vinny threw us a lovely going away party on Saturday night. Since Ash and I are moving to Boston, and Prammy (Vinny's brother) is moving to Philly, both of them organized a fantastic night of desserts and drinks.

I've mentioned before that Priya is a baking master, but if you haven't seen her work for yourself, take a look at the dessert table. Everything on it was homemade by Priya--including the rainbow cookies (yes, this crazy girl actually makes them from scratch), and the gorgeous cheesecake bites that were so pretty, they warranted their own picture. Though you can't really make out the extent of it, there were rainbow chip cupcakes, peanut butter cookies, snickerdoodles, double chocolate cookies (made by Katie!), oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, rainbow cookies, espresso brownies, cheesecake bites, rice krispie treats, fruit skewers, a cheese platter, and a few other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting...





Now, when Priya and Vinny plan a party, no small detail is left out. There were little signs by every dessert saying what each was, there was an electronic photo frame displaying pictures of all of us together, and there were even NKOTB songs placed into the Ipod playlist. As for drinks, Ash and I are fans of three drinks in particular, all of which they ensured were available. Vinny makes a fantastic sangria (yes, he actually leaves it in the fridge overnight and everything!), and they purchased both Moscato (our favorite wine), and Kahlua (as my recent obsession has been Kahlua with milk). It's rare that I even have a drink at a party--I had a glass of each. Because you know, it would be rude not to. :-)



It was a fantastic night. I have the best sister and brother-in-law, and they certainly know how to throw a party. Below is a picture of the wonderful hostess of the night. :-) Thanks guys! We love you--you're the best!



PS- Priya--I think I gained three pounds eating the leftovers. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment