Monday, January 12, 2009

My Mom is Cool

This weekend, after spending some wonderful time with Ani (my brother-in-law whom I love and don't get to see nearly as often as I'd like), Ash and I headed to Clifton Park for a quiet weekend at home. During my 48 hours there, I showed my Mom Facebook. (smile) Once I started showing her all that you can see and do, she decided it might be fun to join.

It was adorable--she didn't request to be friends with anyone my age, because she didn't want anyone to feel obligated to accept. Then, within ten minutes, out of the blue, one of my best friends requested to be her friend. (Jen- you rock!) Her face lit up, and now she feels "cool." So, if you want to be my Mom's friend on facebook, be sure to send her a request--she won't send you one, as she doesn't want anyone to feel obligated.

Now that she's on her own, I take no responsibility for what she posts. Ten minutes of my weekend were spent convincing her that "I'm going to the bathroom" is not something that should be placed in a status. (If you know my Mom, you shouldn't be surprised. Ash didn't help the matter--he almost fell on the floor laughing.)

She's already got the wit factor down. As soon as "married" came up in the news feed, Ash opened Facebook on his computer, congratulated her, and jokingly asked who she got married to. Without even glancing at me, she figured out how to respond, and began typing. Her response? "The one who paid for your wedding."

For me, Facebook just got a lot more interesting. :-)

4 comments: