So, with all four number one seeds out, our family bracket has officially come to a close. (The Albany Crew one is still going!) Interestingly enough, there is a tie for first place between Priya, Milan and Ashutosh, while Mom came up with the last spot to get her money back. It's been a super fun time, and I thought I'd place a few of the emails below, just so you can get a taste of the competitive spirit that takes over our family holidays. And, as usual, we just want a place to store it all. :-)
Message #1:
Posted by Sunil
Mar 17, 12:55 pm ET
Subject: Re: Final Prizes
I just have two comments about our little family pool -
Make sure sure there is no money taken out as "Management Fees" from the pool by whoever is running it. Knwoing how the young kids operate these days, we might have to chip-in more just to cover the costs.
And most impotantly, in order to collect you prize, you will have to NAME ATLEAST TWO PLAYERS FROM THE WINNING TEAM. If you fail to do, you prize money will be awarded to the lowest ranking family member.
Thst's all and just remember it's all about winning and has nothing to do with having FUN.
Sunil
Message #2:
Posted by Priya
Mar 17, 01:09 pm ET
Subject: Please proofread your messages
Dear Chacha,
As the teacher of the group, I find it my duty to alert you of the numerous typos in your email (I stopped counting at 10). Please be sure to proofread your messages before sending them to the group, as I was so distracted by the spelling/grammatical errors that I could barely focus on the content of your email. I understand you were an immigrant to this country and English is your second language, but hasn't it been long enough!?
If, by some stroke of luck, you manage to win this pool, I would strongly suggest putting the winning money towards an "English as a Second Language" course.
Love,
Priya
Message #3:
Posted by Anju
Mar 18, 07:23 am ET
Subject: bragging rights
I think four joshis are going to fight for the last prize...
Message #4:
Posted by Shelly
Mar 18, 10:26 am ET
Subject: No subject
Hey,
Dear Shelly Ji is down there too. Too soon to brag for bragging rights prize.
Love you all-
Shelly
Message #5:
Posted by Milan
Mar 20, 12:35 pm ET
Subject: SU
GO SU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message #6:
Posted by Priya
Mar 21, 07:49 pm ET
Subject: Look Who's #1
I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention that I currently hold the number one spot. While it may not last for long, I think that'll be more than some of you can say..ahem..Pratik Bhaiya. ;-)
Message #7:
Posted by Pratik
Mar 21, 10:55 pm ET
Subject: Re: Look Who's #1
Congratulations on being in first place Priya... You are entitled to unlimited bragging for a couple of hours... I'm on my way to the top... Just watch...
Message #8:
Posted by Milan
Mar 21, 08:12 pm ET
Subject: Re: SU
NO SU LOST!!!!
Message #9:
Posted by Pratik
Mar 21, 11:07 pm ET
Subject: Re: SU
Sorry Milan... See next year, you won't let emotions get in the way of guessing what team to pick...
Message #10:
Posted by Anju
Mar 27, 02:31 pm ET
Subject: Re: Please proofread your messages
There is a lot at stake,if Kansas wins today,Prakash bhaiya and I will definitely qualify for the last prize,...It's been lot of fun....
Message #11:
Posted by Ashutosh
Mar 27, 07:14 pm ET
Subject: Dear Pratik Bhaiya
I would officially like to congratulate myself, Milan and Priya on a job well done. As for Pratik bhaiya...we'll pick up our cash on Memorial day weekend, Mr.Joshi.
Message #12:
Posted by Priya
Mar 27, 07:18 pm ET
Subject: No Subject
Dear Pratik Bhaiya,
I'm sorry about the North Carolina loss (not really). You were so close to winning - I'm sure you could taste it..but unfortunately, the Joshis were shut out of this competition. We can't wait to take your money on Memorial Day weekend.
Right now - the winners are me, Ash and Milan. I'm not sure if CBS will use our final game score to determine the rankings or not. If they do, we'll go with those rankings - if not, we'll pool the money among 1st - 3rd and divide it among the three oof us.
Joshi's - get ready to hand over your money. Especially you, Pratik Bhaiya.
Love,
Priya
Message #13:
Posted by Pratik
Mar 27, 07:36 pm ET
Subject: Re: No Subject
Next year we should play for money... I'm glad we stuck with bragging rights this year...
Message #14:
Posted by Zarna
Mar 27, 08:59 pm ET
Subject: Re: Dear Pratik Bhaiya...
=(
Zarna
Message #15:
Posted by Shelly
Mar 27, 10:35 pm ET
Subject: Re: Dear Pratik Bhaiya..
How come no one is congratulating me??????
Shelly( proud to be last)
Monday, March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment