Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

For the past three or so months, I've been a bit obsessed with chocolate chip cookies. Every recipe I tried had something missing, or too much of an ingredient, so I combined a bunch of my favorites and posted the results below. I will look no further for a chocolate chip cookie recipe--this is exactly how I like them. The secret seems to be instant vanilla pudding mix--it keeps the cookies soft for a few days. I've also tried different flavors of pudding mix--chocolate and banana are both good too, but my favorite is still vanilla. Instead of emailing out the recipe to those who requested it, I figured it'd just be easier to place on our blog. :-)

A few notes--yes, I know it's a baking sin to melt butter before putting it in cookies. But I do. I'm lazy. So there. If it affects cookies the way people say it does, I included that it was almost melted in the recipe. Also, sometimes I decrease the sugar and increase the amount of chocolate chips--depends on my mood.

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies:
(Makes about 36 cookies)

2 1/4 cup flour
1 cup butter (almost melted)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, mix butter and both sugars until well combined. Then, add in the vanilla pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Slowly add the dry mixture until well incorporated, then add the chocolate chips.

Drop by teaspoonful on a baking sheet--bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges look golden brown.

I'd include pictures, but they'd just make me hungry. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, very interesting. I see it is loosely based on the classic tollhouse recipe on the choc chip bag. I too generally alter the white sugar to brown sugar ratio in favor of brown sugar. and here's another tidbit: I always use oil instead of butter! I never eat butter, so it's not something I miss. But the vanilla pudding is so interesting!! and I see you use more vanilla than called for too. perhaps I will experiment.

    ReplyDelete