A few weeks late, but Happy New Year!
The first few week of 2011 have been busy, hence the lack of blogging. However, as far as my favorite things go, I figured it's better late than never. :-)
Food Related:
Favorite dessert: The molten chocolate cake at Orinoco in Boston. Simply heaven.
Favorite alcoholic drink: Red Sangria at Orinoco. (Notice a theme?)
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: The virgin Lychee Martini from Graffiti. (This one hasn't changed.)
Favorite frozen yogurt: Pinkberry--either plain or mango. In a cone. With chocolate chips as the dry topping in the bottom of the cone.
Favorite ice cream: Currently, Double Dark Chocolate gelato by Talenti. (But the coconut gelato and green tea ice cream at Jean Philippe in Vegas is what I dream about...)
Favorite burger: Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich. Yes, I finally tried it. And it's worth every bit of hype.
Favorite Mexican restaurant: It's actually Latin fusion, but I'm going with Citrus Bar & Grill. Their chips and salsa are the best I've ever had. It's my list--I make the rules.
Favorite Thai restaurant: Nothing really stands out from 2010--sad...
Favorite Italian restaurant: I'm reverting back to the Olive Garden. I don't care. Their breadsticks are fantastic.
Favorite Pizza: I find myself craving Posto, so I guess that counts for something.
Favorite Indian restaurant: Ironically, I haven't been to an indian restaurant in a very long time. Presumably because the Trader Joe's line is just that good. However, in Boston, it was definitely Gourmet India. Funny that it was in food courts--the food was delicious.
Favorite Chain restaurant: Roy's--small chain, but if you can find it near you, it's well worth it.
Not Food Related:
Favorite TV Show: How I Met Your Mother (3rd year in a row!) Modern Family is a close second.
Favorite Movie: Pass. Wasn't blown away in 2010. (But the Loews Premium Dinner Theaters were amazing!)
Favorite Event: Near impossible to choose just one. Jamaica, Maui and Christmas all top my list.
Favorite New Thing: All natural skincare. I don't know what I would do if 100% Pure, Origins or Pangea Organics discontinued some of my favorite items!
Favorite Book: "Service Included: Four Star Secrets of an Eavesdropping Waiter" by Phoebe Damrosch. Not amazing, but I read a lot of mediocre books in 2010.
Favorite Blog: As a shout out to Ash, the Freakonomics blog found here.
Favorite Single Moment: Watching the sunrise with Ash at the top of Haleakala in Maui. I think it's the first time I've said "Wow" out loud, when no one else was around to hear it. Incredible.
Well, that's it! A belated happy new year to you and yours!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment