Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Toxic 10"

I've recently switched to using all natural skincare products. As I've gotten older (cough cough), I've found that my skin has gotten more and more sensitive. I always think of my Mom's aunt in India, who must be in her 60s or 70s, and has the best skin I've ever seen. Her routine? Whatever fruit or vegetable she cuts up for dinner, she rubs a few leftover pieces on her skin. Crazy, right? Though if you saw her face, you'd become a believer.

With that in mind, I switched to the 100% Pure line, and have been incredibly happy. It's not like other lines--if you read the ingredients, you'll be shocked. All fruits, vegetables, oils, and all color comes from fruits and veggies. I've also gotten a few things from Origins and from Pangea Organics, which I'm also thrilled with. When my Pangea order arrived, it came with a card that listed the "Toxic 10--Ingredients to Avoid in Skincare." Though I now love my all-natural products, I also know that most people use "regular" skincare their entire lives, and most don't ever have a problem. So, take from it what you will, but I thought I'd pass it along, in case anyone else is as interested as I am in this stuff. :-) Keep in mind that it comes from Pangea Organics--they have their own interests as well...

Toxic 10:
1. Parabens
2. PEG compounds
3. DMDM Hydantoin
4. Triclosan
5. Quaternium-15
6. Urea
7. Sodium lauryl/ laureth sulfate
8. MEA/ DEA/ TEA
9. Fragrance
10. Dye

No comments:

Post a Comment