Thursday, October 29, 2009

Poconos 2009!

Yes, I know I haven't posted lately. Yes, it's pathetic. Thanks for sending emails to remind me of that fact. :-) (You know who you are!)

It's been a busy few weeks--between Priya's birthday, our anniversary, Diwali, going back to work for the law firm, and a bunch of other happenings, there hasn't been much time to post. However, I figured I should at least share a few pictures from our recent Poconos weekend.

There is something special that happens when all of us get together. For a few days, everyone melds into one big happy family, and it doesn't matter if you were born into the "Albany Crew" or you married in--there is an equal amount of love spread around. And by love, I mean excessive trash talking when it comes to board games. We agreed that this year was even better than last--whether it was the outing to the "PBC" (Poconos Brewing Company) where the whole Pepsi mishap occured, the pouring rain that forced us to stay in and play board games, or the adorable 6 month old addition to our crew remains to be seen. In any case, below are some pictures:

The house:



The Crew: (plus Priya Rametra, who graciously took the picture!)



If dedication isn't driving for a few hours with a baby just to spend about 24 hours with your friends, I don't know what is:



The cutie pie:



Albany Crew's best mafia player, who gets into the game:



Albany Crew's, well, most improved mafia player, who pauses in the middle of his defense to pose for a picture:



There was also Apples to Apples, Settlers of Catan, Mario Kart on the Wii, and a brief few moments where we all looked like this:



It was a fantastic weekend. Vinny left a wonderful note in the guest book, which is below. Can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment